System Utilities Google Chrome - The fastest most secure web browser available. CCleaner - Great tool to clean up junk and temp files. Glary Utilities - This will clean out your registry, find problems with your pc and fix them. Autoruns - This utility is the most comprehensive start up monitor. ProcessExplorer - Great replacement for the standard Windows Task manager. LibreOffice - The best replacement for Microsoft Office, compatible with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. PeaZip - Great open source archiver. Picasa - Excellent picture organizer, editor. Puran Utilities - Best defragmenter that allows for scheduling and boot time defragmentation along with a number of other great tools. Recuva - Accidentally delete a file? Try Recuva to recover it. Driver Booster - To make sure your drivers are up to date, use this utility. Speccy - This will tell you all of the hardware specs of your pc. TCPOptimizer - To make sure you are getting all of that bandwidth you are paying for use this, a must if you are still using XP. Advanced System Tweaker - The best utility to optimize and customize your system. KeePass Password Safe - Great secure password manager. LastPass - Excellent password manager that integrates into your browser. Windows Essentials - Great free software from Microsoft, includes Family Safety which allows you to monitor and block inappropriate content. Macrium Reflect - Free disk imaging in case of a system crash. jv16 PowerTools Lite 2013 - Excellent utility to remove useless and leftover registry entries. Skype - Great video chat program to stay in touch with friends and family. Tweaking.com - Windows Repair - All-in-one repair tool to help fix a the majority of known Windows problems. Foxit Reader - The best FREE pdf reader.
Media Utilities DVDFab - This will allow you to copy DVD's if used along with ImgBurn. ImgBurn - The best cd/dvd burning software available. DVD Flick - Want to authorize your own DVD's, this is program you need. K-Lite Codec Pack - You need codecs to view different media formats, includes Windows media Player Classic.
Misc. Utilities qBittorrent - Great file sharing/torrent program, with no ads or added junk. GIMP - The FREE alternative to Photoshop. Pidgin - Universal instant messenger client.
2. Run RKill, this will kill any known malicious processes so that you can remove them. Then run Combofix this will target and remove specific known malware. If you are infected with the TDSS Rootkit then you should also run Kaspersky's TDSSKiller.
3. Install CCleaner and run it, this will delete all of your temporary and junk files, download the “slim build”.
4. Install avast! 2015 FREE Antivirus, set it up as I recommend HERE and do a full system scan and remove all that it finds. Make sure to uninstall your current antivirus program first.
11. Setup Norton ConnectSafe on your pc or network. This will help prevent malware and speed up your internet a bit.
12. Once your computer is clean, start using Google Chrome for your web browser, due to it's sandboxing technology most drive-by infections will be avoided. Also make sure to use the uBlock Origin extension with Fanboy+Easylist-Merged Ultimate and Malware Domains lists.
Complete PC Tune-Up - (includes malware removal and prevention, BIOS update, device driver update, Microsoft updates, hard drive optimization, installation of many free software applications, many system tweaks and optimizations) - $150.00 Reformat/Reinstall Windows - (includes complete pc tune-up and backup/restore of up to 50GB of data) - $150.00 On site hourly rate - $75/hr Hardware diagnostics/repair/replacement - $75/hr plus cost of hardware Data Recovery - $1/GB